Course : BTech
Branch : ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING(ECE)
Company in which selected : ALCATEL-LUCENT
Aptitude Test : 60 Minutes
Quantitative : 30 Minutes
Technical : 30 Minutes
Details of types of questions asked in each of the sections in Written Exam:
Quantitative was easy.Technical aptitude had questions from OS,DS and computer networks
PERSONAL INTERVIEW (TECHNICAL)
There were 2 rounds of tech interviews. In the first interview questions on OS,DS,networks were asked.
Regarding OS the questions were:
- what is paging, segmentation,segmentation fault?
- Different page replacement algorithms
- Which page replacement algorithm should be used for i/o intensive processes?
- Code for breadth first search
- creation of a tree whose nodes have multiple children
- algorithm to search a node in such a tree
- define ethernet?
- which protocol is used for IP to MAC conversion?
PERSONAL INTERVIEW (HR)
I did very well in the HR round. Questions were:
- Tell us about your family
- What are the faults in our interview process?
Then I was given the opportunity to ask questions to them. It is important to ask work related questions rather than place of posting and salary.It denotes enthusiasm in the work.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCES
My selection was totally unexpected.The experience was great.
SUGGESTIONS TO JUNIORS
My CGPA when I attended the interview was 7.3. I had to compete with 8 pointers and 9 pointers for the job.So 7 pointers need not worry. If you have your logic right and speak confidently,the job is yours. Moreover they look more at the way we think than the amount of knowledge we have in any subject.