Company: SIEMENS LTD INDIA
|Title of Position||:||Graduate trainee engineer|
|Selection Process||:||Online Written Test (Analytical)
Online Written Test (Technical)
Personal Interview (HR)
Personal Interview (Technical)
|Aptitude Test||:||48 Minutes|
|Reasoning / Analytical||:||6 Minutes|
|Verbal English||:||6 Minutes|
Details of types of questions asked in each of the sections:
- Quantitative: Data interpretation–Graphs, Pie charts problems—8 questions
- analytical: very easy puzzles.. u will rock –8 questions
- verbal: tough comprehensions—8 questions
- technical: very easy questions–composing of theory (the most) and direct problems–30 questions
- theory: control systems, power systems(no protections bits), network analysis, machines..
PERSONAL INTERVIEW (TECHNICAL)
He asked me very basic questions:
1) tell me abt urself—–say abt name, schooling, college-events,etc, projects, miniprojects, papers,etc..
2) basic questions on power transmission, operating principles of motors, mini project(in my case), paper, circuit breakers,faults.
Note: try to change the topic if you dont know the topic by introduction some terminology which you know its definition..he will certainly ask about them…i.e you are changing his question.(plz do smile and laugh when you get the chance)
PERSONAL INTERVIEW (HR)
don’t think hr is only abt fluency; they see and observe ur “desperation” to work in their company.
1) tell me abt urself?
2) which area do u wanna work?–any area
3) which department do u wanna work?—i told R&D
4) do u wanna ask us abt anything?— do ask something which relates to company not abt urself—i.e ask abt “career growth”, reallocation of department(area of work),etc or any other genuine questions…
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCES
I easily cleared apti round, but after that I was shaking with fear that i will get embarrassed in interview, but my friends gave me complete support; they were toppers so they sat beside me and i asked me some basic questions, luckily,the interviewer asked me the same, and some other questions which I dont know. As mentioned earlier i tried to change the question, and so interview went on for 1 hr.
SUGGESTIONS TO JUNIORS
Please complete some of the CAT based books on quant.Prepare well for the question–tell abt urself.. dont tell abt ur family or ur parents occupation and such stuff..